[Haskell-cafe] TLS package server interface do not seem to allow for asyncrhonious communication

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 00:20:23 CET 2010

Maybe I'm missing something - but shouldn't the code listening on the
Handle already be in it's own thread?

The general recipe is:

1. Bind a socket to port
2. Call Network.accept, then take the resultant Handle, call forkIO
with the TLS actions and the resultant handle. Go back to 1.

So even though the TLS code blocks on the handle, that's in a
different thread from the code which is waiting on the socket to
accept additional connections.

Take care,
Antoine