[Haskell-cafe] Rendering of <hask> in new wiki (MSIE6)

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:49:51 CET 2010

Yes, the current syntax highligthing plugin (SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi) is
quite annoying.  It's the version that comes with debian which has the
advantage that it will be updated automatically.  However, it the
surrounding <div class="inline-code"> is my attempt at hacking around
the fact that it doesn't even support inline-markup.  Another issue is
the weird way of trimming white space only on the first line.

I'm now leaning towards writing a new custom plugin, but that means i
have to write (and test) PHP code.  Maybe I find some time over the
holidays.  If anyone else wants to propose another plugin, let me
know.

On 15 December 2010 14:01, Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In MSIE6, <hask> tags are rendered like this (from the Monad_Transformers page):
>
> transformers: provides the classes
> MonadTrans
> and
> MonadIO
> , as well as concrete monad transformers such as
> StateT
>
> ... etc.
>
> The Wiki source:
>
> [http://hackage.haskell.org/package/transformers transformers]:
> as well as concrete monad transformers such as <hask>StateT</hask>.
>
> HTML (a small piece of it):
>
> provides the classes <div class="inline-code"><div dir="ltr"
> style="text-align: left;"><div class="source-haskell"
>
> Words MonadTrans, MonadIO, StateT etc are enclosed in <hask> tags.
> They show up in monospace, each starting a new line. Is this only
> MSIE6, or this is how it is supposed to render?
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS I am not attaching a screenshot to the mailing list; if anyone
> needs to see it I'll send via personal e-mail.
>
> --
> Dimitry Golubovsky
>
> Anywhere on the Web

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.