[Haskell-cafe] Darcs failure

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 21 13:47:59 CET 2010

I'm running a VM with Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat). I installed Darcs
2.4.4 using apt-get, but it keeps CONSTANTLY failing with the error message

darcs: bug at src/URL.hs:246 compiled Sep 12 2010 20:24:56
Another possible bug in URL.waitNextUrl:  curl_multi_perform() - no
running handles
See http://wiki.darcs.net/BugTracker/Reporting for help on bug reporting.

Does anybody have any clue how I can get the hell rid of this stupid
message and actually get some stuff done?

(At this point, Darcs has hung, and I have to use the kill command with
just the right signal number to make Darcs exit. Ctrl+C just tells me
"Couldn't handle interrupt since darcs was in a sensitive job." So every
single time this error happens, I have to get a process list, find
Darcs, issue the kill command, and then reissue the original Darcs
command and hope it actually completes this time...)