[Haskell-cafe] Infinite lists in real world programs

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 26 12:08:35 CET 2010

> I keep on experimenting with Elerea. I'm on my way to achieve a simple
> Pong
> game, but the display is awfully jerky, however the sampling occurs on
> average every 0,0015 sec, which gives 670 FPS.
I had a similar experience under Windows. Never really got to find out
why it happened. You might try adding a short threadDelay call in your
main loop and see what happens; I think it helped back then.

> All the elerea-examples run perfectly fine on my computer, however I use
> FRP.Elerea.Param, which none of the examples use. But there isn't no
> known problem with Param?
Haven't heard of any. Note that Param is essentially the same as
combining the Simple variant with a reader monad layer, so it shouldn't
affect the basic operation of the library.

Gergely

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...