[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell a Permanent solution?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 09:14:44 CET 2010

On 27 December 2010 07:35, Jonathan Geddes <geddes.jonathan at gmail.com> wrote:

> #1 Parse a string at compile-time so that a custom syntax for
> representing data can be used. At the extreme, this "data" might even
> be an EDSL.

Hello Jonathan

By this are you meaning to add quasiquoting to the language "Haskell"
or the "Glasgow Haskell", taking it out of the domain of Template
Haskell?

How would the first example look like with Template Haskell and is
current quasiquoting syntax? I'm suspecting the differences are pretty
small.