[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: yackage 0.0.0

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 17:53:01 CET 2010

This is very interesting.  I was thinking if this could work like an
overlayed "namespace" on top of Hackage, rather than a complete override,
that it would be a very interesting way to "fork" Hackage so it does what
you want, transparently, and as a proxy.  Is that actually how it works
though?  (It might be that I've not had my coffee yet, but I'm a little
fuzzy on that point).

While the Haskell-platform is a great stabilizing technology for the Haskell
community and gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling to those who want to try it in
commercial settings, it's not always true that it provides enough
functionality for everyone's needs, and being able to somewhat modify what's
available on Hackage could be very valuable.

Dave