[Haskell-cafe] Manatee-0.1.6 release!

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:26:42 CET 2010

Hi all,

Manatee-0.1.6 release, sorry for late, I was tired of the many trivial this month.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weS6zys3U8k
   hackage.haskell.org/package/manatee

New version Manatee support customize and hot-swap, like elisp for Emacs, but much much fast and
safe.

Please look http://www.flickr.com/photos/48809572@N02/5304662424/lightbox/ to understand hot-swap
framework.

Example, copy IrcClient.hs
(https://patch-tag.com/r/AndyStewart/manatee-ircclient/snapshot/current/content/pretty/Config/
IrcClient.hs) to directory ~/.manatee/config/
then you can modify IrcClient.hs when manatee-ircclient is running, you just need press C-u to
dynamic loading new version
to *running* manatee-ircclient and won't lose state.

Because GHC won't release memory after you dynamic-linking new version, so i recommend use this
features as *develop mode*
to accelerate develop.
Once you adjust finish, you can press C-i to compile current configure file to build new
manatee-ircclient.

Next step,  I will focus my time on IDE features....

Enjoy!

   -- Andy