[Haskell-cafe] ";" in do

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Dec 30 14:15:20 CET 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Antoine Latter wrote:

> I started for cleaner diffs and easier editing - I can add/remove a
> line at the end without editing any other line. Eventually I grew to
> like the look of it.

That's not true. As long as the comma is used as separator one line can
affect an adjacent one. If the comma is written on the end of a line, then
removing the last line means altering the line before. If the comma is at
front of a line, then removing the first line requires altering the second
one.

Really different is only the usage of the comma as terminator. Actually
this is possible in import and export statements, but not in constructor
enumerations.

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Terminator_vs._separator