[Haskell-cafe] Simulation of interconnect network

Roger King rogerking915 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 14:49:44 EST 2010

I am building a simulator for an interconnect network for a multiprocessor computer.  I would like to develop it in Haskell as an opportunity to learn Haskell.

The network will have a number of routers with input ports and output ports and crossbars between them.  I would like to simulate the protocol.  This would be an event driven simulator.  It would be at a high level, leaving out many details.  I would like it to be fast and be able to run it on several processors.

I would like to know if you have any advice.  Has anyone done this before?  Are there any discrete event simulators written in Haskell?