[Haskell-cafe] safe-lazy-io on GHC 6.12?

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 13:12:17 EST 2010

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:38:25 -0600, Tom Tobin <korpios at korpios.com> wrote:
> After convincing myself the hard way that you can't be lazy across
> strict monadic results (by writing myself a "foldrM" -- yeah, I'm
> still a beginner), I noticed the recent discussion of safe-lazy-io vs.
> iteratee with interest.  The safe-lazy-io package seems much easier to
> understand than iteratee, but it doesn't compile on GHC 6.12 (and I
> haven't had any luck in figuring out how to update it myself).  The
> Hackage build log shows the same build result I'm getting [1]; is
> there any chance of it getting updated to work on 6.12?

Right, updating it is on my todo list.

However I have a little dilemma, safe-lazy-io has a local version of
hGetContents because I needed a version which do not hide exceptions.

However the latest version of hGetContents seems to no longer catch
exceptions (am I right?), if so it might be preferable to just use
the new hGetContents. Or not?

--
Nicolas Pouillard
http://nicolaspouillard.fr