[Haskell-cafe] Iteratee, parsec & co.

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Tue Feb 9 06:55:45 EST 2010

Am Dienstag 09 Februar 2010 10:03:46 schrieb Maciej Piechotka:

Sorry, I haven't looked at iteratees at all, so I can't answer your
questions.

> PS. I guess iteratee does qualify as cafe but if beginner would be more
> appropriate group then I'm sorry - I'll remember next time.

It's not that one kind of question is for the beginners list and only more
advanced questions are to be posted in the cafe, the distinction is

- the beginners list is lower traffic, so your questions are less likely to
be overlooked there (though it's unlikely to be overlooked in the cafe
either)
- questions on beginners are less likely to get answers involving terms
like "zygohistomorphic prepromorphism"

So it's more a decision of "what kind of answer do you want" where to post
your question.
Another aspect is that your question and the answers are more visible on
beginners (especially to beginners), so if you think your question is
something many beginners would wrestle with, that's a reason to post it on
beginners (or both lists), so other beginners may profit more from it.