[Haskell-cafe] Re: sendfile leaking descriptors on Linux?

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Wed Feb 10 10:52:45 EST 2010

On Feb 9, 2010, at 6:47 PM, Thomas Hartman wrote:

> Matt, have you seen this thread?
>
> Jeremy, are you saying this a bug in the sendfile library on hackage,
> or something underlying?

I'm saying that the behavior of the sendfile library is buggy. But it
could be due to something underlying..

Either threadWaitWrite is buggy and should be fixed. Or
threadWaitWrite is doing the right thing, and sendfile needs to be
modified some how to account for the behavior. But I don't know which
is the case or how to implement a solution to either option.

- jeremy