[Haskell-cafe] Using Cabal during development

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Wed Feb 10 13:11:37 EST 2010

Am Mittwoch 10 Februar 2010 18:16:42 schrieb Limestraël:
> Neil Brown-7 wrote:
> > Don't you simply need to do what the error message says, and add (*in
> > the Executable section*, at the end of the file):
>
> Nope, just check my previous message (my issue (2)):

I think http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/Cabal/authors.html
might help, example 3, a package containing a library and executable
programs

Name:            TestPackage
Version:         0.0
Cabal-Version:   >= 1.2
License:         BSD3
Author:          Angela Author
Synopsis:        Package with library and two programs
Build-Type:      Simple

Library
  Build-Depends:   HUnit
  Exposed-Modules: A, B, C

Executable program1
  Main-Is:         Main.hs
  Hs-Source-Dirs:  prog1
  Other-Modules:   A, B

Executable program2
  Main-Is:         Main.hs
  Hs-Source-Dirs:  prog2
  Other-Modules:   A, C, Utils

For the executable, you have to specify the source dirs and the modules
*from the library you are developing* it needs.
A little inconvenient, admittedly.