[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:55:35 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM, John Van Enk <vanenkj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps just defining the interface and demonstrating that different RTS's
> are swappable would be enough?

I read a paper by (I think) a Simon, in which he described a haskell
RTS.  It would make it easier to experiment with GC, scheduling, and
whatever else.  I recall a few problems, such as performance, but
nothing really intractable.  Swappable RTS would be a nice
side-effect.

Unfortunately I don't remember the title of the paper.  Maybe it had
to do with the whole GMP thing?

It might be big for SoC but perhaps there's some well-defined subset,
like fix some blocking issue?