[Haskell-cafe] How can i run darcs in ghci?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Feb 16 03:17:59 EST 2010

> Any help on how to load the .h is greatly appreciated.     I tried -i
> with
> path to the src directory but it didn't work (should it?).
Try -I -i is used for .hs files only (?).

> I am also very curious how others approach a new code base.  What do
> the you
> do to figure out an implementation?
ghci offers a debugger. I haven't used that much yet.
If things are a little bit more complex I don't use ghci. I use ghc to
call the code I'm interested in. This way my memory :-) doesn't vanish.
If you stop ghci things are gone. Yeah, you can copy paste code into an
editor.. Sometimes the only way for me to understand code is spending
hours reading it.

However I'm not sure whether you can get to know code that much faster.
Afterall it depends on your goals.  What do you want to do with darcs?
There are some papers as well.

You should also know that there is a darcs (devel/users) mailinglist if
you're stuck that's the appropriate place to ask questions (or try irc)

Marc Weber