[Haskell-cafe] gtk2hs and ghc-6.10.4 on Windows (Vista)

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Wed Feb 24 13:40:12 EST 2010

On 16 February 2010 17:57, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Serguey,
>
> A GHC 6.10.4 version of Gtk2hs:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gtk2hs-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00340.html
>
> I used to recommend Gtk2hs over wxHaskell for GUI development as there
> was always a version that worked on Windows with the latest GHC
> release. I think I might have to switch back to recommending C# for
> GUI development...

Is there a trick to getting this installed? I have run the installer
in a Vista machine, both as user and admin, and the installation is
mostly successful, except that the packages are not registered with
ghc-6.10.4. Also, the first step of the install complains that "GHC
does not appear to be installed correctly, try reinstalling GHC
version 6.10.4. Setup found what appears to be a non-working
installation of GHC in ..."  What test does it apply to determine if
GHC is working or not?

It can run the gtk-demo, so it's not all bad, but I can't build
anything that uses it (like Yi).

Alistair