[Haskell-cafe] ANN: concurrent-extra-0.2

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:08:29 EST 2010

Hello,

I discovered a bug in our: Control.Concurrent.Thread

In the documentation of 'forkIO' we specify that the forked thread
inherits the blocked state of its parent. However our implementation
did not ensure this.

The newly released concurrent-extra-0.3.1 fixes this.

This release also adds the following function:

-- |Like 'wait' but will rethrow the exception that was thrown in target thread.
unsafeWait ∷ ThreadId α → IO α
unsafeWait tid = wait tid >>= either (\(SomeException e) → throwIO e) return

Documentation: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/concurrent-extra-0.3.1

To install this latest release do:

cabal update
cabal install concurrent-extra