[Haskell-cafe] Hackage statistics

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Feb 26 18:49:36 EST 2010

Am Freitag 26 Februar 2010 23:57:05 schrieb Don Stewart:

> 501 users have uploaded 7202 versions of 1870 packages.
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/stats
>
> The download stats are computed occasionally, but I've not had time
> since Hackage moved to the new server.

Would it be possible to automate that, add that info to the stats page and
link to it from the front page?

> We average about 100k downloads a month (e.g. via cabal-install).

I'm pretty sure cabal-install plays a BIG role in that. I wouldn't have
half - what do I say, probably not a quarter - as many packages installed
without it.

A propos, a big thank you to all who contributed to it.