[Haskell-cafe] Real-time garbage collection for Haskell

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:20:51 EST 2010

I have seen some proposals around here for SoC projects and other
things to try to improve the latency of GHC's garbage collector.  I'm
currently developing a game in Haskell, and even 100ms pauses are
unacceptable for a real-time game.  I'm calling out to people who have
seen or made such proposals, because I would be willing to contribute
funding and/or mentor a project that would contribute to this goal.
Also any ideas for reducing this latency in other ways would be very
appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke