[Haskell-cafe] using haskell to serve with apache

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Sun Feb 28 17:14:49 EST 2010

I just run a happstack server on an alternative port, and then use mod_proxy
to forward requests to the alternative port.

For example, happstack.com is hosted at:

http://src.seereason.com:9021/

but apache on that machine has a happstack.com config that looks like:

------------
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin user at example.org
    ServerName www.happstack.com
    ServerAlias happstack.com

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/happstack.com/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/happstack.com/access.log combined

    ProxyRequests Off

    <Proxy *>
                AddDefaultCharset off
                Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
   </Proxy>

    <Proxy http://127.0.0.1:9021/*>
                AddDefaultCharset off
                Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>

    ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:9021/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:9021/
</VirtualHost>
---------

So users can just visit http://happstack.com/

Hopefully I have not done something horribly insecure (easy to do with
apache), but I believe this is correct.

- jeremy