[Haskell-cafe] hackage build errors

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:43:38 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 19:59 -0500, Keith Sheppard wrote:

> so what should I make of these errors? Are they useful in some way or
> just a problem with the build environment?

The latter.

> (If that's the case I think they should probably be removed since
> they're confusing for potential users)

It is confusing. On the other hand if we remove the build results for
all packages then there's no useful info at all. Is partial info better
than none? Personally I rather agree with you, I argued for not
displaying any results until it was of sufficient quality. On the other
hand, if I'd had my way then perhaps there still wouldn't be any build
info at all!

Duncan