[Haskell-cafe] Parsers (Parsec and Iteratee-based Parsers)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 05:31:03 EST 2010

> As I said I've been using Parsec quite a lot, but wonder if there is
> a different approach possible/feasible to parsing. Parsec (2x) isn't
> an "online" parser, ie, it doesn't produce a result before the whole
> parse is completed.
>
> There is AFAIK one alternative, the uulib,

In addition, the polyparse library provides "online", or lazy,
parsing.  Its interface is somewhat similar to parsec, perhaps even
simpler.  (Actually, you can freely mix lazy and strict parsing -
laziness is provided by applicative combinators, strictness by monadic
combinators.)  I have not yet looked into whether it would be possible
to link polyparse to iteratees.

Regards,
     Malcolm