[Haskell-cafe] short licensing question

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jan 12 15:21:04 EST 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 8:46 PM, Sebastian Fischer wrote:

> Am I allowed to distribute the sources under BSD3 and the binary
> under LGPL?
>
> Would that make sense? Maybe not, because anyone who distributes a
> binary of my program or derivative work must license it under LGPL
> anyway.

Well it may make sense. People can write a replacement for the LGPL
code, modify my code to use it, and distribute a binary without
distributing the sources. They could not do this, if my sources were
LGPL licensed.

Sounds valid?

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)