[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hakyll-1.0

Jasper Van der Jeugt jaspervdj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:21:52 EST 2010

Hello,

I have just released hakyll[1] 1.0. It is now available on hackage[2].
This is considered a first stable release (hence 1.0), and pretty it
is functional.

Hakyll is a Haskell library for generating static sites. It is written
in a very configurable way and uses an xmonad-like DSL for
configuration.

Important changes:
- Switched from the template library to a custom template system,
because we needed some more flexibility, but not quite as much as
something like HStringTemplate would give.
- Switched from inconsistent String/ByteString usage to String only
for the external API.
- Added a $root system so it is easy to work with relative/absolute URL's.
- Many bugfixes.
- More documentation and a reference are online now.

All feedback and questions are welcome.

Kind regards,
Jasper Van der Jeugt

[1]: http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll