[Haskell-cafe] Getting started

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:04:21 EDT 2010

Firstly, do you mean "recordSale sales anArtist anAlbum" ?

First off consider a datatype to model albums - something like:
type Name = String
type Artist = String
type Sold = Int
data Album = Album Name Sold

And consider storing then in a hash [1] where the artist name is the
key and [Album] is the value.

-deech

[1] http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.2/html/libraries/containers-0.3.0.0/Data-Map.html