[Haskell-cafe] Are you a Haskell expert? [How easy is it to hire Haskell programmers]

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 06:08:58 EDT 2010

Hello Andrew,

Saturday, July 3, 2010, 1:57:22 PM, you wrote:

> (I suppose I'm just bitter because any Haskell libraries involving C are
> almost guaranteed to not work on Windows...)

haskell code is easily ported between OSes, unlike C one. when i
ported my application from Win to Linux, i spend one day on haskell
code and 3 days on C one, despite the fact that haskell code dealed
with OS interaction and C used purely for computations

C works on windows as well as it works on Unix, it just need some work
to be ported between OSes, and since most developers just use one OS,
C code has much more chances to remain OS-specific

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com