[Haskell-cafe] How easy is it to hire Haskell programmers

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 3 12:03:28 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 09:43 -0400, Edward Kmett wrote:

>         * How many applications did you get?
>
> I tend to actively recruit rather than throw open the floodgates.

We did that initially. We are now very pleased that we switched track to
openly advertising. We've had many excellent people who applied that we
either did not know or would not have thought of asking (and I like to
think we know a lot of people in the community quite well). On the other
hand it is certainly more work.

Duncan