[Haskell-cafe] music-related problem

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Jul 4 16:34:27 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for thinking about this. The problem, though, is that notes can
overlap in time. MusicXML solves this by having not just Note and Rest, but
Backup and Forward which indicate the "current position" should be moved
before interpreting the following data. I'm trying to make it simpler than
that, by giving a note an absolute location and duration.

-Mike