[Haskell-cafe] Transformers versus monadLib versus...

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Mon Jul 5 18:09:17 EDT 2010

Hey everyone,

What is the current state regarding transformers versus monadLib versus
mmtl versus ... etc.?  Transformers seems to be the "blessed"
replacement for mtl, so when is it worthwhile to use the other libraries
instead?

It hadn't even occurred to me to look closely at packages other than
transformers for this purpose until I read a message earlier today from
someone who said that he uses monadLib whenever he needs to use monad
transformers, and it has now made me curious about them.

Cheers,
Greg