[Haskell-cafe] Re: Suggestions for an MSc Project?

Jonas Almström Duregård jonas.duregard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 04:09:12 EDT 2010

Hi John,

As for the academic requirements, try formulating a question which is
answered by the program you write, for instance:

Is it possible to write an efficient [YOUR PROJECT] in a purely
functional setting?

Can the advantages of [PORTED UTILITY] be utilized without relying on
code with side effects?

The question needs to be so specific it isn't  answered by any
existing application. You may also have follow-up question to this
basic yes/no question such as "How does this impact performance?".

When you know more exactly what you plan to do I'd be happy to help
you find academic aspects of it.

/Jonas