[Haskell-cafe] Debugging cause of indefinite thread blocking

Ben Lever Ben.Lever at nicta.com.au
Tue Jul 6 07:52:21 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am making use of the Data.Array.Repa module to achieve data-parallelism. On running my program I get the error:

"thread blocked indefinitely on an MVar operation"

Two questions:
1. What could be some of the potential causes for the above error when the only use of parallelism is Repa arrays?
2. What are the best strategies for debugging he cause(s) of such an error?

Cheers,
Ben.