[Haskell-cafe] Re: Transformers versus monadLib versus...

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:29:07 EDT 2010

Yes but, for instance, every library which provides monad transformers will
provides a MTL's MonadTrans instance, not a monadLib's MonadT instance.
And since a library hides its types internals, you cannot write the MonadT
instances yourself.

For instance, I was planning to translate a little program of mine (which
uses quite heavily monad transformers) to monadLib. It uses the packages
operational which is based on MTL, and I cannot make myself operational's
transformers instances of MonadT.

How would you solve that?

(btw, I like the fact that monadLib provides IdT ^^ (IdentityT))