[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.7.4

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sun Jul 11 00:26:26 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:13:48AM -0400, Brandon S Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On 7/11/10 00:10 , John Meacham wrote:
> > I switch the -wholename to -path which my 10.5.8 OSX seems to think is
> > okay and it works on linux. It isn't in the POSIX standard but appears
> > widely supported.
>
> SVR4 find doesn't support either option, sadly.  Then again, you may not
> care about Solaris or HP at this point.

Hey, I used to work for sun on solaris :) Actually, I won't worry about
it for now. It is fairly common to have gnu tools available on solaris
machines, if it comes up again, I'll look into making an autoconf macro
to find a working find or complain appropriately. It is only relevant
for people compiling from the darcs repository and not the tarball so it
isn't a huge issue.

> > I was able to run and compile jhc on my 10.5.8 box, and run the
> > regression test. but when the garbage collector is enabled (enabled with
> > -fjgc) it doesn't work because posix_memalign does not exist. Can you
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/196329/osx-lacks-memalign

Hmm.. but this pages seems to indicate it may exist on 10.6, In any
case, I can work around missing it at the cost of some wasted memory.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man3/posix_memalign.3.html

        John