[Haskell-cafe] HaskellWiki spam

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Sun Jul 11 19:26:31 EDT 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> There are hundreds of HaskellWiki users created, their names all start with "Buy" and their user pages contain spam. I suppose the antispam measures were reverted when a backup of the site was loaded. (B.T.W. the site still displays the old logo.)

Yikes!

I see that the Haskell wiki is running Media Wiki 1.5.4 from 2005. Current version is 1.15.2 from 2010. That five year period seems to include many significant anti-spam fixes and numerous patches for all sorts of vulnerabilities. Migrating through that many revisions might be painful, but should be doable.

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
IRC: mtnviewmark