[Haskell-cafe] HaskellWiki spam
dons at galois.com
Sun Jul 11 19:29:34 EDT 2010
> On Jul 11, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> > There are hundreds of HaskellWiki users created, their names all start with "Buy" and their user pages contain spam. I suppose the antispam measures were reverted when a backup of the site was loaded. (B.T.W. the site still displays the old logo.)
> I see that the Haskell wiki is running Media Wiki 1.5.4 from 2005.
> Current version is 1.15.2 from 2010. That five year period seems to
> include many significant anti-spam fixes and numerous patches for all
> sorts of vulnerabilities. Migrating through that many revisions might
> be painful, but should be doable.
The back story:
* Yale has hosted haskell.org for the past decade or more
* The machine is old and hasn't been upgraded in a long time
* The last MediaWiki update on the machine failed when the db
couldn't migrated, due to old versions of Debian
* We needed a new machine
* haskell.org now has a new machine aquired with GSoC funds
* This will run a modern MediaWiki
* Work is now being done to migrate to the new home, and the new
Ian Lynagh is coordinating the work.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe