[Haskell-cafe] Actually loading a Cabal package in GHCi

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 05:37:54 EDT 2010

Hi Ketil

Particularly to Haskore rather than package importing or Cabal in
general, AbsPitch is not defined in "Haskore" i.e. Henning
Thielemann's extended Haskore.

AbsPitch in Paul Hudak's Haskore (i.e. "haskore-vintage"), it is a
synonym for Int, I believe the replacement is Henning's Haskore is
Absolute. From what I can gather, the original poster is using Haskore
from Hackage (so they have Henning's version) but is trying to work
with an old library HasChorus (installed from a source tar ball that
is not on Hackage). HasChorus doesn't have a cabal file to distinguish
dependencies, but it is written for Paul Hudak's original Haskore -
i.e. "haskore-vintage".

The docs on Hackage show that Henning's Haskore doesn't export AbsPitch:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskore/0.1.0.4/doc/html/doc-index-A.html

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskore-vintage/0.1/doc/html/doc-index-A.html

Best wishes

Stephen