[Haskell-cafe] Haddock anchors

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Thu Jul 15 11:43:16 EDT 2010

I've been re-working on the Haddock HTML back end to get it to generate "semantic markup" and legal XHTML.

One of the problems is that the anchors that Haddock currently generate aren't always legal in HTML, XHTML, or XML. I'd like to fix the anchor generation so that they are. If I do, then links between old and new generated Haddock pages will land on the right page, but won't always get to the right spot on the page.

Will this be a problem for anyone? On one's own machine, I imagine we can come up with a simple script that will just rebuild all the Haddock docs and that will take care of it.

What about on Hackage? Eventually, as packages update, the issue will diminish. Can we just bulk re-build the haddock for the latest rev of all packages?

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
IRC: mtnviewmark