[Haskell-cafe] A question about State Monad and Monad in general

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:02:47 EDT 2010

Hi,
I looked at State Monad yesterday and this question popped into my mind.
>From what I gather State Monad essentially allows the use of Haskell's do
notation to "invisibly" pass around a state. So, does the use of Monadic
style fetch us more than syntactic convenience?
Again, if I understand correctly, in Mutable Arrays also, is anything
getting modified in place really? If not, what is the real reason for better
efficiency?
--
Regards,
Kashyap