[Haskell-cafe] Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform site

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:02:38 EDT 2010

It would be great if the new design were compatible with the new wiki
design ( http://lambda-haskell.galois.com/haskellwiki/ ).  It doesn't
have to be *that* similar, just compatible.

On 16 July 2010 19:37, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> chrisdone:
>> Hi Don,
>>
>> What's the ETA on getting the site wiki upgraded and to what version
>> will it be? If we're looking at another couple of weeks I'll come up
>> with a new wiki template this weekend to replace the current one.
>
>    For haskell.org? Thomas Schilling and Ian Lynagh are working on that
>    (CC'd).
>
>> Regarding the Haskell Platform, maybe a summer theme is in order?
>> Sunrise, here's a whole platform upgrade. Get it while it's hot, etc.
>
>    That's a great idea! :-)
>
>> Regarding the home page, I think we should involve more piccies of
>> people active in the community at conferences and hackathons, etc.
>> Seeing pictures of Haskellers is great. It tells everyone this
>> language is busy and active, it motivates existing or budding
>> Haskellers to contribute and get active, and it's easy to slap a
>> picture up on the home page.
>
>    http://cufp.org is a bit like that now.
>
> -- Don

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to
consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the
family Anatidae on our hands.