[Haskell-cafe] RE: Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform site (Don Stewart)

Niemeijer, R.A. r.a.niemeijer at tue.nl
Sat Jul 17 16:06:23 EDT 2010

From: Christopher Done [chrisdone at googlemail.com]
Sent: 17 July 2010 19:23
To: Niemeijer, R.A.
Cc: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] RE: Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform     site (Don Stewart)

> Ooooo, I like it! Nice one for building it. Would you consider doing a
> design for the Haskell web site based on this template? (MediaWiki,
> remember)

Thanks. As for designing the Haskell web site: I don't have any experience with making templates for
MediaWiki, but I can at least give it a try. Is there anywhere I can download an offline copy of the site
so I can start experimenting?

> Might I suggest making "The Haskell Platform" coloured in a shade of
> the blue you're using? What do you think? It might look too flat, I
> don't know. Nevermind.

That does indeed look better, thanks. I've updated the title on the live version.

> By the way, what tools did you use to make this?

Photoshop for creating the concept and the images. Sublime Text for writing the html and css.