[Haskell-cafe] Experiences with cabal-install and Hackage

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:28:58 EDT 2010

I don't know how wise that is; I tend to fix packages when I find
they're broken. I'd prefer a way for there to be more than one
maintainer for a package, i.e., collaborators, like on Github, so that
a maintainer can add me as a collaborator. My only problem with
Hackage is I feel like the maintainer is a fence I have to climb every
time I want to upload a bugfix or a non-broken version of the package.
I just want to fix it, upload it, and continue with my work. Also a
"last seen" a la StackOverflow would be good, so that you can see what
a maintainer was last on Hackage. That's assuming the new Hackage will
support logins.