[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Forum

Nick Bowler nbowler at elliptictech.com
Mon Jul 26 10:47:41 EDT 2010

On 10:37 Mon 26 Jul     , Job Vranish wrote:
> I agree. A web forum would be more friendly to newcomers, easier to browse,
> and better organized, than the mailing list.

I don't understand this sentiment at all.  How are web forums easier to
browse than list archives?  Especially given that there are usually
multiple archives for each ML, with a variety of ways to use them (e.g.,
I tend to use gmane with my newsreader for this purpose).

> Some people will still prefer the mailing list of course, but I think there
> will be enough demand to justify a forum :)

Wine has a web forum that is directly connected to their mailing lists:
each post on the forum is sent to the corresponding list and vice versa.
The web forum interface doesn't support proper threading, but it
otherwise seems to work OK.  Perhaps something like that would be
useful?

--
Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)