[Haskell-cafe] Memory and Threads - MVars or TVars

Eitan Goldshtrom thesourceofx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 22:49:51 EDT 2010

Ah! That clears that up a lot. I read the wiki page but something just
didn't make full sense about it until you used the word "prevent". I
understand that the computer doesn't actually prevent other threads from
running -- that would defeat the purpose of the concurrency -- but it
helped clear it up. Perhaps you guys could help me with Cabal now
though? I'm trying to install Orc but it wants base>=4.2 and <=4.3 and I
have 4.1 after installing the latest release of GHC. Cabal won't upgrade
the base. It complains about a dependency to "integer-simple". Anyone
know what that's about?

-Eitan