[Haskell-cafe] Fail to install SDL with Cabal

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 07:01:34 EDT 2010

Hi Eitan

You will probably need to do a manual install.

If you download and extract the SDL binding there is a file - WIN32 -
in the top level directory describing how to install on Windows.
Unfortunately this file might now be out-of-date. I haven't used the
Haskell SDL binding myself since version 0.5.3 which was quite a while
ago, and then the WIN32 file was a message describing Bit Connor's
successful install - it might still be the same file.

As the SDL developers distribute a DLL of the C library, you can build
the binding with either Cygwin or MinGW. MinGW is probably the better
choice these days though. Again, unfortunately I don't have experience
of building it with MinGW to share, you might have to do some
improvisation to get it to work.

Best wishes

Stephen