[Haskell-cafe] Re: what's the best environment for haskell work?

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 06:58:20 EDT 2010

On Windows, I've used cedit for various projects for years and was
delighted to discover that it comes with a Haskell syntax colouring
file.

See:

http://cedit.sourceforge.net/

It supports collections of project files and compiling directly from
the editor.

I also use Eclipse for (sigh) PHP projects but at least under Windows
the Eclipse support available for Haskell appears to be limited. For
example the older versions do not appear to have a way to jump
immediately to a function definition and I could not get the more
recent versions to work at all (Eclipse users, feel free to correct me
if I missed something.) Cedit does not have a jump-to-function feature
either but it is much smaller and in my experience more stable than
Eclipse under Windows.

Kevin