[Haskell-cafe] Re: The state of Hackage: what are we doing about it?

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jun 1 10:41:31 EDT 2010

Marc Weber schrieb:
> Excerpts from Don Stewart's message of Tue Jun 01 01:13:20 +0200 2010:
>> I see fairly regular complaints about too many Haskell libraries,
>> bewildering choice of difficult-to-determine quality.
>
> I want to send a small reminder that there was the idea adding a public
> wiki for each project which can react upon wishes of users faster than
> everything else:
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hackage_wiki_page_per_project_discussion

This seems to be part of current efforts. Quoting

http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/there-are-a-hell-of-a-lot-of-haskell-libraries-now-what-are-we-going-to-do-about-it/

"2. Google Summer of Code: Hackage 2.0 – we have Matt Gruen working this
summer to finish the implementation of Hackage 2.0 – an improved Hackage
that will allow for many new features to help sort out the wheat from
the chaff in Haskell packages: build reports, wiki commenting, and
social voting."