[Haskell-cafe] ANN: random-fu 0.1.0.0

mokus at deepbondi.net mokus at deepbondi.net
Thu Jun 3 21:40:16 EDT 2010

> On the other hand, it might be kind of nice if RVar's knew which PDF
> they are over.  It's hard for me to see how that would be done with
> Haskell.

If anyone knows a way this could be done while still allowing general
functions to be mapped over RVars, I'd love to hear about it.  My
suspicion though is that it is not possible.  It would be a very similar
problem to computing the inverse of a function since the PDF is a measure
of the size of the preimage of an event in the probability space (if I'm
putting all those words together correctly ;)).