[Haskell-cafe] HP/Cygwin and Curl

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Tue Jun 8 17:05:53 EDT 2010

> with Cygwin I get
>
>    Linking dist\build\cmu\cmu.exe ...
>   C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\2010.1.0.0\lib\..\mingw\bin
> \windres:
> can't open temporary file `\/cca04932.irc': No such file or directory

This sounds very much like a temporary-filename issue.  The reported
filename's lack of a valid directory specifier looks highly suspicious
to me.  Are your TEMP, TEMPDIR, TMP, and TMPDIR environment variables
set? Are their values sensible?  Do you have appropriate permissions
on the directories they point to?  These are the kinds of thing I
usually need to check when setting up a new Cygwin build environment.

Admittedly, we do not use cabal on Windows (firewall prevents it from
working), but the other ghc tools generally seem to work without
problems for us under Cygwin.

Regards,
     Malcolm