[Haskell-cafe] Control.Alternative --- some and many?

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 23 01:54:45 EDT 2010

I'm not sure how Alternative differs from MonadPlus, other than being
defined for Applicative rather than Monad.  They have the same laws
(identity and associativity).

"Some" and "many" are probably motivated by their usefulness in
parsers.  Hence "optional", etc.  I'm sure there are plenty of other
uses for it.