[Haskell-cafe] Emacs script to align Haskell import list

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 26 06:25:53 EDT 2010

I whipped up a little Emacs script to align the import lines in the
current buffer. I am using it in my projects and have experienced no
problems. It's good at keeping within 80 columns.

http://gist.github.com/453933

I've pasted it as a gist on Github so that anyone can edit it, gists
also provide a simple revision history and comment support. Please
feel free to contribute some tweaks and fixes. I'll then see about
merging this into haskell-mode in some fashion.

It doesn't handle multiple line explicit imports as I have a personal
rule that any explicit import list with more than a few symbols should
be changed to an "as X" import, as an addition to tibbe's style
guide.[1]

I haven't decided on a recommended keybinding. I'm considering a
context-dependent binding of C-c C-. that indents the import list when
you are on an import line.

[1]: http://github.com/tibbe/haskell-style-guide